Apr 29, 2005

10 things about me

Care to learn a little about me? Read on! Don't give a hoot? Shove off!


  1. I can perform several yoyo tricks; the Smothers Brothers inspired me. The Duncan Butterfly is my favorite yoyo. Screw those transaxle shits, that's cheating.

  2. I taught myself to juggle (poorly) standing on the side of the highway using a bunch of rocks. Not very smart for numerous reasons but it worked.

  3. I only kill spiders if situations necessitate it. We've got a real 'live and let live' thing going.

  4. 'Unsafe' heights exhilarate/scare the bejeezus outta me. 'Unsafe' refers not to scenarios like rollercoasters or airplanes where one is secured, but to things like ferris wheels and tall escalators. Watching suspension-bridge workers on TV makes my stomach churn and chest cave in. A hot air balloon ride would give me either the biggest thrill of my life or a humongous coronary.

  5. I haven't ruled out the possibility of mass homicide as a means to secure my legacy. Not that I really consider it but what if one day at the tail end of my life I'm reading the obits and see a bunch of those generic ones that list no personal info, just funeral home directions. I might panic!! Now, if legacies actually interested me I might be disturbed by this. Luckily, I don't rightly care.

  6. I don't trust my professional skills enough to have another's life depend on them. One reason I didn't pursue my engineering career upon graduation? A class lecture by a man involved with the space shuttle Challenger's O-rings and its cost/risk analyses scared the crap out of me. I'm not simpatico with managers debating the value of human lives via bar graphs. This mindset seems to contradict my previous one but I've sort of reconciled the two (sort of).

  7. I goddamned hate asparagus!

  8. It was many a long, un-Mary Poppins-like years, before I learned how to keep a kite in the air. I was quite the Charlie Brown for a decade or two.

  9. I love those old Abbott & Costello, Three Stooges type shows.

  10. I believe I fractured my wrist trying to do 180°s during my first snowboarding excursion. I never got it examined and it seems ok these days, minus certain aches and crackles. My tailbone barely survived. Next time wristguards and padded-butt pants are a must!

9 comments:

katie said...

Many people seem to hate asparagus because it makes their urine smell.
Very interesting list.

Sara said...

not that you asked, but i will tell...

i'm envious of your yo-yo tricks. never got the hang of it.

same thing with juggling. i always thought i should be able to juggle. i just end up hitting myself in the face.

spiders...right there with you. only out of necessity.

unsafe heights. yes. sublimely scary, sublimely exciting, equally. i'm fascinated by that co-feeling.

homicide for legacy...has crossed my mind. in theory.

prof skills...yes. i believe i have skills, but there could always be that one time when i slip and kill everyone in the building, except for myself.

ASPARAGUS rocks my world, and my urine.

I stop here and consider this great disparity.

Violet said...

I love asparagus, especially asparagus rolls - do you get those in your part of the world?. And if you were an engineer working on a space shuttle then you wouldn't be the only one responsible. I'm sure there is a team of hundreds who'll check each other's work.

Anonymous said...

So what's with asparagus being blamed for smelly urine, anyway? Doesn't pee generally smell, with or without an infusion of asparagus?

Spiders. Spiders are the coolest. We had a humongous one in our dining room. It made a huge web and amused us for months, until one day I accidentally vacuumed it. Oops.

Martini Love said...

Love the spiders thing, I do the same thing really pisses people off sometimes... just kill it they yell.... then I just laugh while it scurries away, does that make me a mean mean woman??? HAHAHA evil maybe?

glomgold said...

Hooray to your spider-lovin'! Booray to your asparagus-lovin'.
Ditto to the smelly urine.

Rainypete said...

WooHoo! Smothers Brothers!! Glad to see I'm not the only Smothers/Stooge/A&C watching guy out there. Nyuck nyuck nycuk.

glomgold said...

Oh, and I've never heard of asparagus rolls.

Adrienne said...

Add me to the list of asparagus eaters!

I'm in awe of anyone who can get yo-yo to work. I remember watching Tommy Smothers do some really cool yo-yo tricks.