Apr 20, 2005

Whu?

It should be a daily given that people have moments of paralysis where they are just flummoxed by mind boggling concepts like black holes. I mean, c'mon. Gravity so strong even light can't escape?! That's ludicrous! (or ludacrithp as Mike Tyson might say) Light is something people take for granted and assume as instantaneous. To quantize it, put a finite limit to its speed, and then to say it is not fast enough to escape the grasp of these singular points in space??
Or to ponder that some starlight, which did make it to our night sky and we are now seeing, was generated by a celestial body that died millions of years ago? What the fuck is that!?!! But I suppose that time is better spent discussing mergers & acquisitions and who will partner up with that Hilton bitch for another tv show. Rod Stewart's kid I hear! I might go vomit out some IPOs.

7 comments:

Sara said...

The Mike Tyson translation in the middle of all this made my day. And now I leave from work.

Martini Love said...

HAHAHAHAHA ........I know this might not not suppoed to be funnyh but I am drunk....I promise when I am sober in like 7 hours I'll get it :)

Violet said...

None of that is as mind-boggling as the idea that the universe is both infinite and enclosed, like the inside of a hollow globe. I still keep wondering what's on the outside.

glomgold said...

Yeah, that's pretty wacky. If the universe were infinite, and enclosed, and yet still expanding? But Mike Tyson's pretty wacked out too.

portuguesa nova said...

I find it incredible that Rod Stewart has a kid that might be either old enough or young enough to hang with Paris.

Rainypete said...

In a world where the likes of Pari Hilton can have several TV shows, nothing should be that hard to believe. people should believe that you can carry spare light around in a bucket if you need. Tha makes about as much sense as the continued production of that dingbat's career.
Although whe should see what could happen if we fire Paris into a black hole. Imagine if that much concentration of vacuous space encountered a black hole. When two bodies with that kind of sucking power meet would they merge or obliterate one another?

glomgold said...

Wow! Rainypete, that's a hypothetical scenario that would blow Stephen Hawking 50 feet straight out of his wheelchair!
I have no clue how old Rod Stewart is but it wouldn't surprise me if his kid were older than his wife. If he's married.