Mar 25, 2005

Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee aka "If Andy Richter, why not I?"

It pleases me to no end when I'm able to garner genuine laughs from others. Everyone benefits and it's a nice temporary distraction from the daily grind. Despite global warming the world is a colder place than ever. My online journal, so called to lend it more heft than would blog, (you may call it OJ for short though that completely negates the heft I'd just attained), provides me an extra opportunity to entertain. Of course, only because you've decided to read it (thank you thank you).

Now, back to Andy Richter. He is of the Will Ferrell ilk in my opinion. Many love him and I've nothing against the guy but I've never found him funny. In fact I can recall the first (possibly only?) time I ever laughed at him. It was during his short-lived "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" show. A new, black employee also named Andy joined his firm and others started calling Richter 'big Andy' & 'white Andy'. He wanted people to call the new guy 'black Andy' but they exclaimed, "You can't call a guy 'black Andy'!!!". That's entertainment! But only that one time. Anyway, I've decided "If Andy Richter, why not I?", meaning the perfect profession for me would be 'Talk Show Sidekick'. I feel I'm well qualified and surely you'll agree once I run through my credentials.

The position requires the ability to interject one-liners and witticisms without having to sustain a coherent, challenging, and humorous dialogue. That's my forte! You may chuckle at some of my comments these days but if you got to know me you'd learn I'm quite superficial and there's really just nothing to me. Believe it!

Also of benefit, despite my worthiest efforts, I've acquired and retained vast amounts of useless pop culture trivia, or "knowledge" as I like to call it, which would be both handy and relevant to the job. In addition, I bear a certain level of disdain for celebrity (due either to jealousy or just dislike) which will make for interesting exchanges on the rare occasions I venture a question to the guest.

Another bonus is my exotic looks which will make the ladies swoon! True, ladies have never swooned, nor even come close to swooning around me, but that just means I'm due for some swoonin' action. (Never has anyone used 'swoon' 4 times in such close proximity. (5x!)).

Perhaps most important, I don't mind following in the wake of fame, in fact, I'd prefer it! I can reap benefits without having to absorb all the criticism and attention that the host must. I'm a homebody as well so the paparazzi won't cramp my style. Just so long as they don't peek in the windows when I'm doing "research" in my Juggs magazines.

Though I enjoy entertaining, I'm no court jester. I can flip the script and talk serious if needs be (reference my SiC lament if you don't believe me). It's not the "Meat bad, beans good" & "Convert to Scientology" type-serious that celebrities like to engage in, but it's a start.

Lastly, we Vespuccian Born Chinese Males (VBCMs) are a growing demographic in this country and are in search of an identity and a chance to flex our market-muscle. These VBCMs need a public mouthpiece to speak for them. I volunteer! Placing a VBCM such as I (VBCMsaI) one seat to the right of the media spotlight will provide a focus for other VBCMs (oVBCMs). Though, in actuality, I share very little in common with these other VBCMs (these oVBCMs), old white TV execs (oldWhi-TE) don't know that and by the time they find out, too bad; I'm under contract. I feel I have a great shot at success. I've made up my mind and will be starting my new gig tomorrow. Someone please point me in the right direction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought you would be great on our local hottest rock station. It has a morning show that is so funny that's sometimes it's hard to drive while listening to it. They take news items, exchange quips, all very on the spot (or so it sounds). You would be very exotic and probably sought after here, too. I don't think we have any VBCMs. But maybe this town would be too small-potatoes for you!
blue2go

Happy and Blue 2 said...

I also think it would be a perfect fit. The sarcastic sidekick to a serious host.
How about on a news show..They all could use someone to show the other side of situations..

portuguesa nova said...

Lol. All very well thought out. I agree with blue2go and happy and blue.

Moreover, there seems to be an utter absence of Asians on late night talk shows...I can't think of a single one.

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your godhaswheels.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com