Mar 9, 2005

be a star!

Well well well, so the lead singer of Poison is now a judge on this show "Nashville Star", some American Idol type crap but for country music. Oh how the mighty (mighty=feeble) have fallen (fallen=stayed level). And don't ask me how I know this or why I watched any of it. Suffice to say the Nets were again getting blown out of another post-Allstar game hoops contest and my blood pressure needed a moment to simmer down. If the rhinestone outfits didn't burn my eyes out*, and if the country music didn't make my ears bleed**, I figured I could have a little chuckle before returning to the pain of "please someone throw a fucking post-entry pass!!!" (Feel free to substitute a Yao Ming Houston Rockets game in here if you prefer).
So why is Bret Michaels now in the country music scene? Shouldn't they have gone after Jon Bon Jovi? That guy's southern drawl has become more pronounced over the years. Yeah, he's from the South all right, south Jersey. Not even; more like Central Jersey and the Jersey Shore is not THAT different a world. Inconceivable! What's next? Some washed up trollop like Madonna pretending she's from England or something? 'Nigga pleez!' (as the white kids like to say, to each other, in private, when there are no black kids around). I prefer when the British put on fake US accents. They just get loud and obnoxious! Like that guy barking for his Waldorf salad in Fawlty Towers.

*Help! I'm blind!!
**Help!! Did I just yell out, "Help! I'm blind!!"? I can't hear a thing!!!

3 comments:

katie said...

What exactly does Bret Michaels bring to this show? Or better questions: Why does this show exist? Why does Bret Michaels exist? Why did the last paragraph of this make me spit soda on my monitor?
Somethings to think about.

Mr Anigans said...

the whole thing was kinda just one paragraph.

but i agree with what you say.

Number Mouth said...

tru dat, anigans.