Sep 13, 2005

The Future is NOW!

Technology exists to convert used tires into diesel fuel!! It was mentioned during hurricane rebuilding effort discussions. Did you also know recycling can in fact be quite a profitable business? Why does local government lie to us saying it's a money-losing process? Maybe if they'd stop shovelling public funds to mobsters masquerading as a waste management industry. All I know is everyone's discarded household chemicals and toxic battery acid seems to wind up in warehouses in Elizabeth, NJ. What a stench.

The Cereal Reports Klassix: Ice Cream Cones
Most likely a General Mills product because only they'd have the audacity to trick little kids this way. Available in chocolate & vanilla, it consisted of corn ball ice cream scoops and sharp little dunce cap cones. Needless to say it was less "mouthfuls of mini cones" and more "mouthfuls of carpet tacks". A serving guaranteed skinflaps and blood dripping from the roof of the mouth. The dunce cap shape was to remind a child, "You're an idiot. Stop eating sharp little objects the gov'mint wouldn't allow 5 year olds to PLAY with let alone eat". But the cereal did have cool commercials. A cartoon ice cream man riding a bicycle with an ice cream basket on the handlebars accompanied by a catchy jingle. "My name's Ice Cream Jones (bicycle bell rings), and I'm bringing you my ice cream cones...".

12 comments:

PBS said...

There are a lot of good technologies that are competitive with big oil (and other comglomerates) so aren't covered much by the media or noticed much by anyone.

I've got to try that cereal, it sounds dangerous!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember "Ice Cream Cones". It was Cap'n Crunch that served up the skinflaps in my day, but I think he got away with it because he was armed.

Rainypete said...

My Name's Ice Cram Jones and I'm bringing you my sugary shrapnel! Talk about living dangerously. They should have followed this with an even more hazardous product like fruity breakfast marbles.

Sara said...

I remember the cones but I don't think I ever ate that cereal. Yes, it was the Cap'n who carved chunks of skin from the roof of my mouth. I still ate the cereal though. It was some challenge to see how much of the bowl I could get through unscathed--until the blades sogged up into safety.

you have located the blurry-letter potion.

Martini Love said...

Gosh ice cream sure does sounds good... not the point but now I want some

Adrienne said...

I'm just gonna sit here and laugh.

kim said...

That reminds me of the slightly infamous "Shards of Glass" superbowl commercial.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

Never ate the cereal, and now I'm glad I didn't. But I did love that commercial. And I thought any parent who lets their kid eat ice cream cones for breakfast should've been arrested.

Violet said...

I've never seen that cereal, but it does sound like dangerous fun.

Mayo said...

God for bid we save mother earth. I would look at a subject...its quet cutting edge(chuckles, only because intellectuals say cutting edge..har har) Its called eco-femenism. Don't let "femenism" throw you off. It projects into the idea of how we as a society damage and destroy earth based upon our patriarachel society. ya baby. Check it out...very interesting...

L said...

eeew! I don't think I'll be buying that cereal anytime soon

Anonymous said...

I congratulate U and thank U for this information.
superpony