Jun 14, 2005

triple ex- floats

Exercise extreme caution experimenting with ice cream sodas and floats otherwise you run the risk of concocting an abomination. Just a few examples not to try are: cherry coke with strawberry glace*, Surge with anything, ginger ale with anything save possibly cinnamon glace, apple or cranberry soda with chocolate glace (which does go well with regular cola, as does coffee glace), the list goes on and on. Hey, it's a gamble unlike picking this year's NBA champs which I could've told you last july. Spurs. duh.
*ice cream. (saved typing)

Cereal Review: Post Cocoa Pebbles
By now most everyone knows my infatuation with cereal. However like any interpersonal love affair the possibility exists that feelings may waiver over time. Devotion might falter due to perfidy, malaise may set in. Sadly, my once torrid relationship with Cocoa Pebbles appears to be on the rocks. Sure, I still vocally express my commitment but deep inside it does not feel the way it once did. Perhaps my interests have shifted as I've aged, my tastes growing more sophisticated; perhaps it was just time to move on. And yet perhaps it was due to a box I'd recently purchased that tasted stale. Whatever the reason, I feel time apart may do us well. It's not you Cocoa Pebbles; it's me. I hope one day we might rekindle the passion we once had. Regardless I will always keep a place within my heart just for you.

(picture Cocoa Pebbles, alone & dimly lit, belting out Linda Ronstadt)
"to yooouuu, my heart cries out perfidia
for I find you the love of my life, in somebody else's arms
your eyes, are echoing perfidia
forgetful of the promise of love, you're sharing another's charms..."

har har!

12 comments:

Sara said...

I had the same experience with Cocoa Pebbles, but for some reason I stopped eating sugary cereals altogether. Linda Ronstadt. That's freakin' great. I've been wondering about the chocolate Lucky Charms. From a distance I do not approve; however, I shan't judge before tasting (even though I may not ever taste (see above)).

glomgold said...

Yeah, when the hell is Tom gonna buy a box of that Chocolate Lucky Charms so we can mooch off him?

katie said...

Chocolate lucky charms? I say don't mess with a good thing.

Martini Love said...

I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way about Fruity Pebbles, maybe it is our age, or maybe they are just not good anymore, maybe while being made they are not getting the kind of love they used to get, however I miss Fruity and I might have to go get me a box.

Maurice Mitchell said...

I haven't tried Cocoa pebbles or Chocolate Lucky Charms. I guess I'm missing out. :)

Mr Anigans said...

did you just quote linda ronstadt? how do you know any linda ronstadt to quote?

i was once in love with cookie crisps. but i suspect i can't stand them anymore.

i do hanker for some peanut butter crunch though

portuguesa nova said...

Okay. Surprisingly, ginger and vodka martinis are quite good.

Happy and Blue 2 said...

I don't like Cocoa Pebbles. To much chocolatey goodness. And Captain Crunch cereal cuts the roof of my mouth.
So it's gruel for me..

glomgold said...

katie - I see you feel strongly about this.
martinilove - well if I'm to believe those Post cereal commercials, they're puttin' lotsa love in there so that's not it.
mauricem - that's yet to be determined!
cereal jones - welcome! Another cereal fanatic! Once upon a time I loved Cap'n Crunch, until I puked it all over the classroom in 3rd grade one ill morning.
anigans - Yep. Linda Ronstadt. From the Mambo Kings soundtrack (dunno why she's on it. Twice). Cookie Crisp is better now than in the past when Ralson used to make it.
portuguesa nova - I'll take your word for it.
hb2 - gruel can be good too. Ok, that's a lie. Might as well retire your teeth now.
blue2go - 2 day cereal turnover. Good sign!

glomgold said...

I'm sure if I put vodka in my Cap'n Crunch I'd puke 4 times as much. Maybe I'll treat Mrs. Button to a drink, for old times sake.

sumo said...

I'm a cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

seriously? said...

oh, cocoa puffs. reminds me of saturday mornings when i enjoyed waking up at the crack of dawn to watch cartoons. hmm, reeses puffs are equally delectable. im more of the old school lucky charms gal.