Jun 30, 2005

Sudoku

There's been plenty o' hubbub about this Sudoku game. They say it'll "supplant crossword puzzles in the popularity charts of the newspaper reader-base". That was obviously paraphrased since it read like either a businessman's email (FYI:) or a high school essay scribbled in homeroom, but you get the gist of it. Anyway, for those unaware, it's a puzzle game consisting of a 3x3 grid wherein each box is another 3x3 grid (9x9 total). 1 through 9's are randomly scattered throughout and the puzzlee cannot replicate the same number per grid, row, nor column. The instructions boldly state it's NOT A MATH PUZZLE because knowing math is akin to having leprosy in modern day society. Any who have fiddled with this puzzle might have noticed that after a few times the novelty wears off. The same systematic approach can be used every time and never fails. It's sort of a sophisticated older brother to Tic Tac Toe (remember that gameshow Tic Tac Dough? That was sort of neat I guess. Or really stupid. I don't remember). I believe the game's got no legs. The press tells me it's "Zowie!". So is it actually winning fans the world over as claimed? Or has another marketing hypester been trying to rube the unsuspecting?

Make Your Thoughts Known!


Sudoku's Super!

Sudoku Sucks!!

You Suck!!!

I Want My $2!!



Note: It's doubtful this poll does anything. I'm still learning that part of it. But be a dear and try emailing me your selection anyway. Gracias.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I've seen this in the paper and have yet to try it. Numbers scare me and jumble all together in my mind.

I want my $2. LOL Great movie.

Sara said...

I haven't seen this game. I want to try it. I doubt it will supplant the crossword puzzle. It just can't, I say.

I think Tic Tac Dough is both neat and stupid. Given both, I used to watch it. But I was a child-game-show-fiend.

Kevin said...

I gave it a shot, but outlook and hotmail have a deal where they want me to pay money. I'm to lazy to cut and paste, so I'll just say here that it sucks. Math sucks. Poop.

Rainypete said...

Numbers, numbers everywhere! That looks about as simple as tax time. I can't get that right either.

Gotta go, I think the auditor is trying to peek int he window. I've got to let the rottweilers out.