Jun 6, 2005

Baloo

Mr. John Goodman, no matter how many fake Baloo characters you voice, no matter how hard you try, you are not the 2nd coming of Phil Harris. Please accept it and move on.

Fake Fakt Friday:
If you are like the millions of other USA'ers you have probably wondered aloud on many occasion, "whatever happened to the brand Wilkinson Sword?" Fear not! The entire staff here at GodHasWheels (me) has been working feverishly to bring you an answer! During the mid-80's, at the height of the disposable razor war, Wilkinson Sword's marketing department made a critical tactical error that would ultimately lead to the company's demise. Gillette, their major competitor, released the first double-bladed disposable razor in 1986, a product dubbed 'Atra Divine Double', ADD for short. Wilkinson Sword was just finishing development of their own double-bladed disposable as well. Feeling pressure to rush their product to market, and looking to present themselves as an edgier brand than Gillette, they opted to name their new razor the 'Pubecutter Ultra'. It's arrival on store shelves sent consumers scurrying away in droves. Though they quickly yanked the product, the damage had been done and the company was never able to earn back consumers' trust. Honestly! Would I make this stuff up?
(yes)

6 comments:

Violet said...

Pubecutter Ultra, huh? Sounds pretty useful to me.

Rainypete said...

Dammit! If I had known this was floating around I would have bought a whole case of them. What home would be complete without pubecutter in the bathroom?

Happy and Blue 2 said...

And now we have the Quatro. If more blades are better I think someone should invent a razor with 100 blades that cuts the growth that will occur over the next millenium..

sumo said...

Tried it!...Didn't work...wasn't X-tra strength enough let me tell ya!

Martini Love said...

If they don't have those anymore then what was that guy using that one time,he said it was a Pubecutter.... oh shoot I guess you don't need to know all the scary things I have seen haha!

You crack me up!

L said...

I think you should do fake stories every week and see how many people you can miseducate...