Jun 22, 2005

I've worked too hard in my life avoiding hard work to have to work hard now dammit!

Wanted to see the humongous moonrise tonight, so of course it thunderstormed like crazy. I love thunderstorms but not when they overlap cool astronomical activity like the above-stated, or meteor showers (which always seems to be the case).

Caught a new Life of Agony song on tv. Awful!! And the lead singer looked kinda like that "Balls to the Wall" guy. Ugly.
Nothing else to write today so I'll link some music videos. Note: Some of these are fairly large, be aware. And if you're using dial-up, well that's just suicide.

Darkane's Innocence Gone. Pay attention to the switch the drummer throws in during the outro. Just fucking great!

Blood Burden by Crisis. From "Like Sheep Led to Slaughter". Karyn Crisis rocks.

Otep's Warhead. Overtly political but whether you agree with her or not the video is pretty cool. I'm just a fan of women tearing it up. Diversity is always good.

New Clutch Tripping the Alarm. Sounds like their "Jam Room" stuff. I'm undecided, but at least there's a song named after the Pulaski Skyway on the album! Some cops recently hassled me on that road. COPS!! (fist raised)

Elfonía's Aura. A cool Mexican band. I recommend you order their CD.

Orphaned Land's Norra el Norra. An Israeli band. They have an interesting Middle Eastern meets prog metal sound. Kind of hit or miss.

Hope you like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see that moonrise tonight too, but we're supposed to get thunderstorms. It's beautiful right now. I can't listen to the music videos at home and don't dare at work. Darn. But it was nice of you to find and post them.
blue2go

katie said...

hmm. Apparently I have missed the moonrise, and we haven't had a storm in sight, so I would have seen it perfectly. Not to mention I can't watch videos at work.

Great, now I am just depressed.

sumo said...

So far I watched and listened to "Aura" and "Norra el Norra"...I liked the "Aura" better, but the other one was good...and an interesting portrayal of Israeli rock.

Martini Love said...

I'm at work can't watch the videos.. lame.. but happy Friday anyway!

glomgold said...

Double-bass is going ok, at least I can play the slower stuff (like Innocence Gone).