Feb 13, 2005

How's my driving? Dial 1-866-2-TELLMOM


Let me explain, my first thought was that I was being all clever by doing what I just did; juxtaposing 'golf driving' with 'car driving'. Since my golfing knowledge is mediocre and my golfing experience even less so (I've only ventured to a handful of mini-golf courses & driving ranges, and once almost tripped then-Pittsburgh Steeler Carnel Lake with a bad putt which would thusly have ended my life if not by him then by the denizens of the 'burgh) it would result in ironic humor. However I realized then that, hey, anyone who sees this doesn't know this about me and might possibly assume that I'm, in fact, an avid golfer. Based on that assumption, upon seeing my swing and stance one may well grumble, "well, it's obvious; this guy's driving really stinks". Suddenly my joke has taken a turn for the wurst* and what was a weak attempt at drawing laughs has backfired and resulted instead in criticism, befuddlement, and displeasure for all. Please ignore what I've done here today and may god have mercy on my soul...

(*as in liverwurst? get it? woohoo! A bad pun that has no contextual meaning. Gotcha!)

6 comments:

L said...

I like bad puns, even if no one else does...

Frally said...

Glomgold, I also love the bad puns so keep up the good work. It could be wurst...

Happy and Blue 2 said...

That is funny..

Sara said...

We may each have a spot on our brains that looks exactly alike. I have a terrible penchant for making bad puns. It's often involuntary--the puns surface without effort. I'm like somebody's annoying grandfather.

K. H. said...

i'm sending you to the PUNitentiary.!!! for PUNishment!!!

glomgold said...

Cute! Hot diggity! I'm puttin that in my new 'Rave Reviews' folder. I rather like Sharky's joke. Quite in fact.