Nov 5, 2004

"This is an intellectual-free zone"

As my man Harris K. Telemacher said. For example, recently some friends and I ventured into Borders. I was picking up some poetry books (for someone else). Now, I cannot quite describe the speed with which our conversation turned from poetry to "Def Jams's Fight for NY" videogame, but I think there might've been a shockcone accompanying it. Hmm, I guess I just did describe it. And for more of your reading pleasure here is a news story my friend told me about. "maybe it's intellectual to you because you were educated with a banana and an innertube". Ahh...LA Story...

2 comments:

Sara said...

That's fantastic, the lion story.

And to do the expected...is it really so embarrassing to admit to buying poetry? For the sake of my special purpose I should hope not.

Sara said...

I just noticed you've linked me "the art of textual massage". That pleases me, that rocks. Feel free to disclaim yourself from buying poetry for the rest of life.