Nov 24, 2004

Music to flee a burning home to

Which CDs would I grab if my home were burning down? This is a subject to which I've given plenty of thought. Barring the notions of rarity & price, I suppose I'd take this dozen:

Elvis Costello & the Brodsky Quartet - Juliet Letters
Porgy & Bess (the Simon Rattle EMI recording)
Chen Qi Zhen - Groupies
TropiJazz All-Stars Vol. 1
Biggie - Ready to Die
Cave In - Jupiter
Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
Clutch - (self-titled)
Stevie Wonder - Original Musiquarium 1
C.O.C. - Blind
Life of Agony - River Runs Red
I Mother Earth - Scenery and Fish

So tough to choose... Hey, it's real foggy outside. I bet the Manville moron is putting on his dark sweatpants and hitting the roads for a quick round of 'asking to die'.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I too have given this much thought, though more when I was a little girl. Then I had an elaborate plan to gather my tape cases, the money from my jewelry box (probably $10), and a few shirts and pants--and then leap out my second-story window with all of it. I thought about it almost every night. You conjured it back.