Oct 30, 2004

frightening

I had one of those confusing and repulsive "teeth rotting and falling out" dreams last night. I find them terrifying because I guess they are the only types that I have no control over; everything else is usually lucid dreaming to some extent. So during this dream I was in a store shopping when something triggered the enamel and minerals in my teeth to start crumbling and make my mouth foamy. So I had a swollen mouth full of foamy bits of broken teeth which I was slowly spitting out all over the place until I could find a mirror. The horror! And to top that off I was then in this tiny shop belonging to an old Chinese couple. There was nothing of note except a collection of Star Wars figurines. Only they weren't good characters like Boba Fett and Salacious Crumb, they were things like JarJar Binks' pants! Still, I talked him down in Mandarin and got him to sell for $4. I mean, yeah, the stuff sucked but I figured they still count as Star Wars collectibles and I was gonna give it to my brother as a birthday present anyway. Plus, I must've gotten a good deal cuz the wife was yelling at the guy. Oh, wait. This was a completely different second dream from the tooth-decay one. I'm not confused at all anymore; it makes perfect sense!

3 comments:

aprilbapryll said...

i have that dream a lot. i consulted a dream book and i think it was full of crap. i think i just have a phobia of losing my teeth. the dream book said it means there's something that you want to say to someone but you're holding it inside. in my teeth dream, i'll just be going about my day and i'll push them out one by one with my tongue. its really freaky and i always wake up and try to wiggle all of them to make sure nothing's loose.

glomgold said...

I agree it's just a fear of losing the damn teeth, after all, you only get one adult set in life and no one wants to gum through their meals. The big problem I've found with wiggling teeth to see if they're ok is that squishy fingertips make it feel as though the teeth always ARE loose.

Mr Anigans said...

you know..this is the only recurring dream i have. my tooth feels loose and i keep working it until only a nerve is holding it in.