Oct 22, 2004

Skid Row!

So, I listened to a new Skid Row song. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, but before I even get into that I wanna mention (Amazon) user reviews of the album; they're quite amusing. Firstly they all adore the band. But, even stranger, they seem to be Sebastian Bach fans first, Skid Row fans second! All the reviews begin with a disclaimer saying the new singer "is no Sebastian Bach (who is) but he does fine". Who is indeed (luckily). Now objectively, from what I gather from this one song, this new guy sounds much better, less cheesy, but also does a pretty spot-on Sebastian Bach imitation which is actually what drags down the sound of the song! Otherwise it'd pass for any other current rock song but all the "yeahs!!" and "heys!!" give it that 80's vibe. Perhaps I shouldn't even get into this now, but I've also felt there is no reason why, with a little tweaking, a band like Kix couldn't hack it with all these pop punk-rocky type bands. Does this make me old or just goofy for writing this long a dissertation about 80's hair bands? Also, for added enjoyment, count the number of freakin' commas in this post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give me flat screen TV Emily or give me death!