Feb 7, 2006

alas

As one can see, I've been celebrating the new year by not blogging. Being now a double new year I've been not blogging even more.

Truthfully my eyes & body have been fatigued of late rendering it uncomfortable being at the PC for extended periods. I blame it on my goofy chair at 'work' and my goofy chair at home. The work one's been replaced so hopefully things'll improve. (sidenote: Anyone know anything about these chairs? So popular a decade or 2 ago now impossible to find. They look comfy but I worry about inherent design flaws or something.)

Truth #2 is since everyone's blogs have been accumulating during my down-time I've become intimidated. "30 new posts" for each site popping up in my RSS feed is just scary since I like reading every entry. And then for me to post but not visit others gives me guilt and sloth feelings, hence I idle. That's the lazy kind of sloth by the way, not the 3-toed furry kind. But today will be different, here goes! (Different in regards to blogging, not the '3-toed furry feeling').

Glomgold's Tips for Workforce Success
Today's tip: Set a precedent by arriving early or on-time the first week. Park in the outskirts of the parking lot. This way in the future when you're tardy, if you successfully sneak in, people won't be able to guess your late arrival time by your parking location.

Cereal review: Smart Start 'Healthy Heart' Maple Brown Sugar
I've received many cereal recommendations in the past months and I plan on sampling them all. Once they go on sale. I'm not paying $5 a box for anything not named S'mores Crunch. Oh yeah, the new Smart Start flavor. It tastes like their normal Healthy Heart line but doused in Aunt Jamima pancake syrup. Too much. The ol' Soy Protein line is better anyway and a lot less caloric I think. I dunno since I don't really look at that stuff...

12 comments:

kim said...

I was actually surprised by your lack of blogging because you're usually so prolific... You're speed intimidated me before. Now I feel free to blog at my own pace again

boudica of suburbia said...

do you really need to worry about calories i mean you look pretty svelte. And maple syrup sounds goooood. The cereal market must be so different over here. weird.

xxB

Violet said...

oh the guilt...

Is that why when you leave comments on my blog, you leave about 20 at a time?

Happy and Blue 2 said...

The chair you linked to has been redesigned. It now has a spring in the middle and is being marketed as a gut trimmer on late night infomercials.
Glad you posted again..

glomgold said...

kim- maybe this is a better speed for me after all. It's not like I ever have anything useful to say anyway.

boudica- I'm not sure what you've got over there but I think my tastes have aged along with me. Extra sugar doesn't always do it for me anymore.

violet- Yeah, I'm a "batch blogger". :)

hb2- If I see something on the infomercials there's a good chance I'll obsess over it for many years.

Omni said...

Cereal tastes icky unless it's full of fat and sugar. Also, it's expensive. Solution; stop eating cereal... you don't need a special food for breakfast.

(hasn't had cereal for over 20 years)

Sara said...

i was always fascinated by but suspicious of those chairs.

Smart Start has a new flavor? that's one of my top three cereals. i hope they didn't screw it up.

good advice regarding workforce. would have come in handy today had i thought ahead.

onward ho.

katie said...

Glad to see that you are back. I totally try and use that parking trick. In my case though, you can't see where I normally park from the building, so nobody can tell I'm not in unless they look in my office.

Adrienne said...

Buy cereal at WalMart. It's much cheaper.

Glad to see you back. Not that I've been around much myself.

PBS said...

That cereal is too sweet, but is tasty even so. I've heard both good, "Best chair I've ever had" and bad, "What a waste of money!" about that chair. It's true, you don't see them around much anymore.

Maurice Mitchell said...

The funny thing about those chairs is that people discovered they can give you damage in your knees and lower legs. Kind of ironic: your back is great, but you can't walk.

glomgold said...

Aha! Mauricem, that's the kinda info I was looking for. Thanks.

Omni, for shame.