Feb 15, 2006

Happy Fill_in_the_blank Day!

Even if you don't know my feelings regarding valentine's day surely you can guess; I think it's basically nonsense. This ain't sour grapes or evil jewelry industry talk here either (that's for another day). I just find the 'holiday' to be either an obligation "hey you're so kind to me 364 days a year but you didn't get me anything special for valentine's, you JERK" or a get outta jail free card "oh you ignore me every day but february 14th, you sweetie pie".

Of course, I'm not much of a believer in birthday parties either. At least not for me. "Woot. I lived another year". I'm fairly young & healthy, I'm SUPPOSED to live another year!! Once people hit 70 and up though I say party away. There's a lot more risk involved for missed birthdays. In fact, I say celebrate anything that becomes a challenge. "Happy no-fender-benders-in-the-parking-lot Day!". "Surprise! Solid-food-for-lunch Tuesday!". "Yay! You didn't poop yourself!". Every day will be a party, Mad Hatter & March Hare like. But I still won't wear pink on Feb. 14th.

11 comments:

sumo said...

I should think not! Wearing pink that is. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It probably just isn't your color...simple as that. So happy whatever day to you oh wheeled one.

Violet said...

According to the colour consultants, there is a shade of pink for everyone.

Happy Wednesday.

Happy and Blue 2 said...

I like Valentines Day. Who wants to be nice 365 days a year..

portuguesa nova said...

skeptics and naysayers like yourself are totally ruining for the rest of us who see stupid, commercialized, contrived "holidays" as a perfectly good excuse to buy candy and eat food otherwise unavailable the other 364 days of the year. So pipe down...at least til' the V-day candy goes on clearance!

Martini Love said...

I am so glad that "holiday" is over no more annoying commercials!

PBS said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you! I love the day, it's sort of like a love birthday. Birthdays aren't supposed to be 365 days a year! OK, I'm being sappy and will stop now.....

Nigel G Mitchell said...

I think the fact that some women wait until after Valentine's Day to break up with their boyfriends just so they get presents tells you all you need to know about this holiday. We need a guy's holiday called One-Night Stand Day.

Adrienne said...

I am with you all the way!

PBS said...

And I had forgotten to wish you a Happy Fill-in-the-Blank Day!

L said...

Yeah, I'm not really into the holiday either.... in fact, no holiday, really --except Halloween :)

katie said...

Any holiday with conversation hearts is alright by me. If "Yay I didn't poop my pants" day has conversation hearts, I'll love it.