Feb 13, 2006

odds 'n ends

Recently I watched bits of a "faucet expo" on Home & Garden channel. Shockingly, and despite the hostess' bluster, there's really very little innovation happening in the world of faucet technology!! Sure, one of them came with a vase and another had "all hand-made" rectangular handles and spigot (WTF? Aren't rectangles the easiest things for machines to make?) but it'll take more to impress me. Something like this! Gotta get me one! Can't wait for the next power outage.

Cereal review: Total Vanilla Yogurt
I'm sorry froggie I just couldn't get into this. I was afraid the yogurted cereals might be too sweet for me and my fears were actualized. Plus I feel weird eating what's supposed to be dried, solidified yogurt. Suzi, I tried to get your recommended Yogurty Cheerios too (they were sold out) but I may now have to pass on 'em. Oddly, I can handle the tooth-rottin' sugars in the marshmallowed cereals so go figure. Hope this helps, Martini.

Lastly, I got to thinking, "what are some great cover songs?" before quickly giving up due to laziness. But not before coming up with one, Crisis' version of "Captain Howdy" which can be found on the Strangeland soundtrack. The original is by Twisted Sister on Stay Hungry and Captain Howdy is only part A of the song "Horror-teria". If this sounds too ambitious for hair-rockers-in-drag fear not. "We're Not Gonna Take It" & "I Wanna Rock" can be found on that same album.

Know of any good cover songs?

11 comments:

boudica of suburbia said...

Will Young covering Outkast's "Hey Ya" is a cover that pops to mind. But I don't think he's traversed the ocean so thats a bit defunct.

xxB

Violet said...

but why were you watching a faucet expo?

katie said...

I like "Me first and the gimme gimmes" version of seasons in the sun. Good stuff.

kim said...

I have to say that yogurt burst cheerios are very good. And not too sweet b/c not all the o's are coated. try again!

Martini Love said...

Yes that was very helpful... they sound disgusting so I will stick to what I eat now... great review.

Happy and Blue 2 said...

The cereal review was helpful. I was just thinking of trying some yogurty cereal this morning..

PBS said...

I haven't liked any yogurty cereal that I've tried. They just taste weird. Cereal with marshmallows is much better!

aprilbapryll said...

I still love Total Vanilla Yogurt and you won't sway me. But I don't do cavity-sweetness anymore -- and I love all kinds of Total so that might be it too. You've still got my heart, though, because you agreed with me on the Maple & Brown Sugar goodness that is M&BS frosted mini wheats.

Mr Anigans said...

no quarter by infectious grooves

Mr Anigans said...

oh any number of Richard Cheese's lounge covers of K-rock bands.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

I hear yah on that Forever Flashlight. I saw that commercial and my jaw dropped. A flashlight without batteries? That uses some vaguely-understood electrical principle? I'm in geek heaven.