Oct 6, 2005

"my life is gonna be... beeeeeeyoooteeful"

Kids, I'm sure you know I was joking about the cymbal. Zildjians are my favorite and this particular Chinese Crash sounds fantastic. How fantastic? Imagine if Dean Martin were melted down to a bronze alloy, hand-hammered into an 18" disc, and polished to a glossy sheen. That's how fantastic (though maybe not so for Dino).

You'll recall months ago I mentioned my sister's band The Flying Club. Well they have released their CD! Check out their site as there are songs available for you to listen to. Good stuff.

Lastly, Suzi Mac tagged me for a blog meme-thing, or whateverthehellitscalled. Tis my first and thus I partake to mark the occasion. Rules below:
1. Go into your archive
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same.


"For the most part I find him particularly unfunny." (regarding Will Ferrell).

Who's next? Probably no one but I'm tagging the Monkey King, Sara, Happy and Blue 2, L, and the Half Pint.

12 comments:

aprilbapryll said...

I'm so glad that someone else finds him as unfunny as I do (regarding Will Farrell). I really can't stand him.

L said...

oh no! another meme!

Anonymous said...

I remember that post very well! I find Will Farrel incredibly humorous. Anchorman? Not funny? Are you kidding? THAT's funny!

Thanks for playing along. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

PBS said...

I haven't seen this meme before. It's neat, a different take on the book meme.

boudica of suburbia said...

"Following that I fell down the stairs, and landed with my leg behind my back...lovely."

hehehehe

Martini Love said...

I really like Anchorman but I am really easily amused so I guess it could be not funny??


Good luck to your sister's band, I will have to check them out!

Sara said...

Regarding this "blog meme-thing", I've since stopped writing in any explicit way about my job on my blog, so here is that sentence: "I went to the office manager of the Neuroscience department here who told me to tell someone else to call maintenance." This, really, is representative of many corporatesque jobs and dreadful bureaucracy.

MiCheleLynnX said...

I work in a Neuroscience center too...LOL...

Happy and Blue 2 said...

"I just don't get this meme."
That is a reasonable faximile of the 5th line on my 23 post.
Strange isn't it. It's like I was psychotic or something..

MiCheleLynnX said...

I did this on mine and my 23/5th is just the word...No. How boring is that? lol

Kevin said...

not only do I truly hate "memes", but I hate what's been done to the word meme. I find that defined, it actually fits these polls and parlor games, unfortunately enough, but the spirit of the idea has been somehow fixed like a 6 month old puppy. Oh, shit on it. I like them like I (like you) appreciate Mr. Ferrell.

I am, however, falling in love with you sister's band. It's at once literate, musical and engaging. Is she the amazing guitarist or only the great one? I can't afford CDs at this point in my new job, but I look forward to someday having more than two of theirs. You working? How the hell are you?

boudica of suburbia said...

oh, Boudica was an ancient warrior queen... just in case you were wondering.. google it boy!

xxB