Jul 29, 2005

One day my blog will be scratch 'n sniff. Won't that be joyous? It'll coincide with my anticipated "public toilet reviews". Speaking of which I watched a History Channel show about space toilets (check out the video!) Crazy technologies involved and this doesn't even mention the future space station commodes that'll use teflon lined bags that are permeable to air but not solids nor liquids!

Cereal Review: Puffins (please clear your mind of the aforementioned section)
Barbara's Bakery Puffins cereal. Higher fiber, cinnamon flavored corn puffs (clever!). Tasty & wheat free for all you with "adverse reactions involving immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies to one or more protein fractions of wheat, including albumin, globulin, gliadin and glutenin (gluten)". That's gotta really suck; I've noticed they sneak wheat into everything. Anyway, buy this cereal because the company donates money towards endangered puffin populations. For those who need a refresher course, those are the clown-faced, flying penguiny looking birds. This fellow is an extremely rare puffin breed whose entire lower body has evolved to camouflage itself as an elderly white European lady! Unfathomable! I don't know how he flies.

7 comments:

Sara said...

This cereal review is both health- and environment-conscious. Nice.

I look forward to public toilet reviews. I think often of public toilets, both my personal experience with them and their condition, as well as etiquette and all that goes on in the non-verbal. It's an endlessly fascinating web of interactivity.

Martini Love said...

I love the puffin the animal not the cereal.

Space toiets humm that is all I have to say hummmmm

Adrienne said...

lmao at Sara's remarks!

Violet said...

I always wondered about space toilets - do they suction poo out of the astronaut's bum, so it doesn't float back up? Or do the toilets have little gravity fields?

sumo said...

Yeah...need more info about the toitys. It will make all the difference in whether I agree to go into space or not in the future for the benefit of all humankind of course.

Violet said...

I found this website which seems to be all about toilets...and heres the link to the toilet reviews page...

http://crappersquarterly.com/reviews/reviews.htm

glomgold said...

"Puffins cereal. Now with real puffins!" That would just be nasty.

From what information I've seen, the space basins seem to gently vacuum the astronauts' rear ends. I do feel the toilet facilities would be my limiting factor as well in regards to space travel.

I took a gander at that crapper review site. I may need to 'pitstop' at that Takashamaya next time I'm in NYC.