Aug 22, 2005

I killed!!

Back on the ball, thanks for the kind words folks and spammerbots. Mentally and emotionally I'd readied myself for a job with a company I was actually excited about! (no, not a cereal company) I shit you not when I say I KILLED on the technical interview. KILLED. Maybe my would-be peer felt threatened, maybe companies are now in the business of "not hurting feelings". I don't care for the ol' "you're overqualified" bit. Thanks ultramega-globocorps for your concern but I'd rather that were for me to decide. I can coast like a union worker if needs be. I don't even need an old incompetent fellow with seniority to tell me! Actually companies should be thanking me for not taking the torch to 'em.

Regardless, I've had to restore equilibrium and regather momentum (damn you Newton!) and thus blogging's been minimal. Plus my wrists have been killing me (almost literally) for awhile now having recently caused a near 'face-smashing with cast iron dumbells' incident. This was capped nicely by some subtle racism at the dumb Motor Vehicles. I really had planned on smiling for the new digital license. Well, at least if I ever go postal and am on the lam this new license photo will look tops plastered on the evening news. Ok, no more bitching and moaning today because that mood just doesn't lend itself well to cold cereal and 80's hair metal. Excelsior!

(Oh, and there will be a leap second at the end of this year unless the Bush folks have their way. They want an 80 year delay and a leap minute instead).

7 comments:

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Sorry about the job. I don't get the overqualified thing either.Lord only knows why a company would want to hire someone who could contribute more than the job calls for. Really why hire the best when below average is available.
You really did get spammed on the last post.
That Anonymous guy has his mitts in everything. I wonder if he's hiring..

katie said...

Its always good to plan ahead. You certainly wouldn't want anyone thinking "but he always looked so normal". It just takes the fun out of things.

Sara said...

I've been dealing with DMV shit too. Have been there twice and was turned away from renewing my license because, for no reason at all, I omitted my middle name when I moved and got my Jersey license. My middle name is on everything else, which apparently makes me suspicious. Having initially gotten a head start on things, I now only have one more week, assuming my certified birth certificate will arrive on time, to renew. Fuckers.

I too always figured I should be the one to decide whether or not I'm over-qualified/feel like stepping down for the sake of earning meantime money. People are dumb robots.

In brighter news...

PBS said...

That sucks. You would think they would want more for their money, but probably are afraid that you know more than they do!!!! That's the usual reason I've seen "over qualified" people not get hired. Maybe it would be better to play dumb--act like one of them, so they think you will fit right in!

Just got my new driver's license today, and the photo is horrific! I look like a simpering fool, too.

L said...

so sick of those spammerbots

and I loathe the DMV, which is completely Evil

Anonymous said...

I think you and I are living parallel job-seeking lives. I'm getting much better at NOT getting all excited about a particular one, though. Really, I just want a dumb job where I can blog from work. Is that so much to ask?

glomgold said...

suzi- No, it's really not much to ask at all.