Aug 8, 2005

I bless the rains down in africa

Came across this in the online dictionary:
in toto (adv.) = in total. One uses this when trying to trick ladies into thinking one's Jeff Porcaro. Ex.>Hey baby. For me, in toto, my favorite song's 'Africa'. Horny? Let's go for a roll in the hay.

Seinfeld Snippets
JERRY: So, Ceausescu. He must've been some dictator.
KATYA: Oh yes. He was not shy about dictating.
JERRY: He, uh, he must've been dictating first thing in the morning. "I want a
cup of coffee and a MUFFIN!!"

Cereal Review: Life
Quaker's Life cereal in Honey Graham, Cinnamon, & regular flavors. Chex-like in texture and shape. They look like they should taste better than they do. In the 60's Milton Bradley created The Game of Life. On the cover was Art Linkletter (of Kids Say the Darndest Things fame) stating he, "heartily endorsed this game". I do not feel Mr. Linkletter would heartily endorse this cereal, but it's not bad.
don't buy the auto insurance; it's a scam!

Blogs I've finally gotten around to adding:
Fellow cereal-head Cereal Jones at The Cereal World.
Also hear Allison at Lake Allison expound on rabies, the plague, & other assorted goodies.

8 comments:

katie said...

Both the cereal and the game are the worst.
I would always get stuck having twins, or some equally ridiculous thing that made being an adult seem like hell. On second thought, I guess it prepared me for real life.

Lake Allison said...

Wow! Thanks a lot for the link!
=)

Martini Love said...

Life is glorious... life itself not cereal... sorry can't stop myself today from saying such words as glorious and exquisite, don't ask,because even I don't know.

Adrienne said...

I've had the cereal and liked it and we have the game and roll with laughter each time we play it.

You are just playing with the wrong people!

Sara said...

'in toto' is used again and again in Infinite Jest. did you hear i have finished it at last, as of last thursday? i am a new human.

i don't know about Life, the cereal.

glomgold said...

katie- Having babies was the key to the game. It was a veritable cash-cow of welfare waiting to be had!

allison- no sweat

martini- you're sounding like a 1930's musical.

adrienne- I agree; the game rocks. The original version.

sara- I will get to that book one day.

Violet said...

Isn't Toto a brand name of toilets in Japan?

PBS said...

I like Life!