May 24, 2005

Sucker-punching Stevie Wonder

When I sprint up or down stairs I have an inherent fear I will slip and fall face first into the metal armrails, impaling my eyeball. I've envisioned it many times and it makes me queasy just writing about it. True, I can be a bit of a klutz, though I don't think nearly to that extent. So why does this thought occupy my brain? I suspect I must have an underlying fear of blindness. Which would also explain why I'm always cold-cocking those visually-impaired gents with the seeing eye dogs. Court hearing is tomorrow. Time to practice my "but your honor, he was giving me dirty looks" look. It's tough cuz I can't get the puppy dog eyes. Curse these narrow Asian lids!

Special Shoutout: R.I.P. Frank Gorshin, the Riddler from the 60's Batman TV series.

Cereal Review: Trader Joe's Maple Pecan Clusters (I know you've missed these. I'll get back up to snuff once things quiet down for me).
If you've a Trader Joe's grocery store near you I urge you to patronize it. That is, give it your business, not talk down to the building. They sell good stuff for good prices and without any member card/gov't is tracking your every move crap. Amongst this assorted goodness is their cereals. I will focus on their Maple Pecan Clusters today. Various corn and oat flakes mixed with chunks of honey/maple clusters and pecans. The name is quite self-explanatory. Good price, great taste! I sound like a pitchman do I not? I'm available for hire. Are you listening Trader Joe's?!

7 comments:

Violet said...

There's always blepharoplasty for your Asian eyes.

katie said...

I love Trader Joes. I could live there. I will have to check out this cereal.

Sara said...

i must try that cereal. right now i'm eating Great Grains, with raisins, dates, pecans, flakes, and crunchy chunks: "inspired by the taste of home-baked raisin nut bread".

glomgold said...

Sara, these "Great Grains" sound pretty good.
Violet, what you're saying is blasphemy!! Plus I'd never heard that word before...

Martini Love said...

I have the fear of falling and bitting my tounge of ahhhhh

sumo said...

Trader Joe's pays well too...I know someone who works there and she's making a career out of it.

I am the lizard queen said...

I have the fear that I will fall and knock my teeth out! Glad to know I'm not the only neurotic one out there.
My particular little quirk comes from the time a childhood friend went flying over the handlebars of her bike, landing face-first on the pavement and killing the nerve in one of her front teeth. She was an identical twin and I always had trouble telling her apart from her sister. From then on it was easy - she just look for the grey tooth and then try not to think about how much that must have hurt.