May 9, 2005

Mondale '84!

Recently I subjected myself to the beige-sounding, plain-vanilla vocal 'stylings' of a Clay Aiken musical performance courtesy of Disney's Aladdin DVD. If I'm not mistaken he was an American Idol reject who lost to some fat dude that everyone hated. Now, I wouldn't classify Clay's singing as atrocious since he was able to sustain a tune and that automatically puts him a tiny, centipedal step above the likes of Ashlee Simpson (his bone structure is probably more feminine too. He kinda looks like a younger, female (K.D. Lang!). However, the word unremarkable suits him to a T.

I cannot say whether he is considered a pop music 'star' these days for two reasons: I am out of the pop music loop of late and I don't understand what sort of impact the reality TV phenomenon has on the general, music-buying public. What I can assume however, is that the only reason he has any fanbase at all is due to the very fact he IS so generic, thus providing the Wal-Mart sect a brief reprieve from the hoochie-mama/wigger Mickey Mouse Club Alumni pop alternatives. This is a sad state of affairs indeed. Of course, this may be a moot point if American Idol is already off the air and I'm talkin' yesterday's 'news'. Wait! Why didn't anyone tell me Walter Mondale lost the presidential election?!!

Guest Cereal Review: Cream of Wheat
Sara says "it is definitely a lot like wet sand. The similarity in consistency is uncanny." Who am I to argue?

8 comments:

Violet said...

What is this obsession you have with breakfast cereal. It's highly unusual.

Sara said...

I'm glad your spreading the word--on Cream of Wheat and cereal in general. Somebody needs to.

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Clay Aiken blows worse than Cream of Wheat. But that's just my opinion..

katie said...

My god you are right! He does look like K.D. Lang!!

Rainypete said...

Go cereal! I love my wet sand thank you very much. The wife is crazed for some tooth shattering substance known as vector. As for Clay Aiken, I find the cream of wheat has more texture and substance than the bulk of his material.

glomgold said...

Breakfast cereal rocks my socks.
I'm not sure why, but "Vector" just doesn't sound too tasty. Maybe if they named it something more palatable like "Newtonian Physics Krunch".

L said...

I LOATHE Cream of Wheat. Hates it.

Martini Love said...

Clay is annoying and I can't stand him..but hey happy friday :)