Mar 30, 2006

feeding frenzy

Recap:! Sunday night- didn't stop at supermarket parking lot exit stopsign and issued a summons by "gotta make month-end quota" cops.
! Info not yet in their online system when I got home past midnight. (ie. monday morning)
! Wednesday- received letter from lawyer looking to defend me in the case "State of NJ vs. Glomgold".
! Thursday- received 4 more lawyer letters. Good fucking god!

And a big FUCK YOU, CUNTS!! to United Airlines Rewards Magazine Subscription Customer Service Center. Since Dec 2005 I've tried numerous times to get an address change. No big whoop you say? Last week I was told a customer service rep would call me back to help resolve the issue. Apparently it's tuff stuff, may require a doctorate. The message left for me today stated they cancelled my magazine for me. "Wh' happened?" Upon calling them back the lady on the other end would only say, "It's been cancelled b/c you have 2 subscriptions to the same magazine". I told her in no uncertain terms that's pure horseshit and to please explain what the hell is going on. But she was programmed only to say those same words (undergrad of the parakeet speech-training school). More calls & yelling ensued.
End result: magazine subscription = cancelled. Can't be reactived nor reordered b/c "it's not available". Well then how about my "2nd subscription"? Doesn't exist!
This is bad sitcom shit. Where's Fran Drescher? I guess I should take solace in the fact they'll all lose their jobs to India soon.

7 comments:

Violet said...

maybe the customer service centre is manned by bots.

sumo said...

Looks like you are in a world of hurt!

PBS said...

WTF? That's so weird, why does stuff like that happen, I could give a list right now....

I really liked "undergrad of the parakeet speech-training school" ha ha!

portuguesa nova said...

1. Hold on, you SUBSCRIBE to an airline magazine?

2. You can get pulled over in the supermarket parking lot?

What?

Nigel G Mitchell said...

Dear Sir,

I can't imagine anything more annoying.

Signed,
Fran Drescher

Sara said...

Damn. What a string of baloney you've suffered.

glomgold said...

violet- it sure seemed like it. There was more personality in the initial automated msg.

sumo- righto

pbs- it's funny cuz it's true!

nova- 1. no way in hell. I used my expiring airline miles to subscribe to magazines avail. from their list.
2. yup. Cuz this ain't the first time I've been "nabbed" in a parking lot by the fuzz.

martini- thanks. I hope yours was good too.

fran- damn you and your UPN shows!

sara- it was most definitely baloney.