Jan 25, 2006

81 pts?

Fuck that shit. Wilt Chamberlain I understand cuz he was the baddest man on the planet and there's nothing anyone could do about it (he freakin' finger-rolled shots b/c he was afraid of breaking defenders' hands should they try to block his dunks fer crying out loud!!). As I've told everyone I know, you'd better believe if the Oak-man were still in the NBA Kobe would've been bleeding and broken in the 8th row by point 40. Toronto Raptors have no pride whatsoever and the commissioner should strongly consider kicking them out of the league immediately.

On a lighter note, today whilst calling some client rep. on the phone to ask if he were ready to process his blah-di-blah, the 80s-movie-Michael-Douglas-wannabe went off on me for several minutes. His rant ended with, "I'm always ready. I'm ready now, I was ready yesterday, I'm ready tomorrow, I was BORN ready." I would not have been a bit surprised if he finished with, "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast". No sir.

9 comments:

Dmonster said...

I should watch basketball. Then I would understand what you (and many others) are talking about. haha

sumo said...

That guy needs a good slapping!

Sara said...

He really said those thing?! I know there are people out there who are caricatures and sit-com figures, but it still shocks me when I hear of them in action.

katie said...

Are you kidding me? What a weenie.

Rainypete said...

That guy's a bigger tool than my table saw!

kim said...

haha. you'd better get on it then if you don't want to be eaten for b-fast. sounds like he has a problem with premature ejaculation

Violet said...

that travis guy's comment looks like spam to me. Who ever says that a blog looks inquisitive? Is he using a random adjective generator or something?

Nigel G Mitchell said...

I hadn't thought about that. Maybe if Kobe had been playing against a good team, he wouldn't have scored so much. In that sense, Kobe's 81 points doesn't show how good a player he is. It shows how bad the other team was. I find it a telling sign of how much people hate Kobe Bryant that even with such a monumental achievement, people still hate him. He could find a cure for cancer, and people would still go "Yeah, but he did rape that girl. Screw Kobe. I'm not using his cancer cure."

And Bo, I'll break it down for you. This is what Kobe scoring 81 points in a single game is like. It's kind of like when you're at your knitting club and if you knitted an entire sweater in an hour.

boudica of suburbia said...

You know I have absolutely, positively no idea what that post was about!

xxB