Jul 27, 2006

the truth hurts

In case you wonder why Ashlee Simpson doesn't have a "cool urban" name, the answer's simple: A.Simp is remarkably uncool. The only way she'd do worse is if her name were Ashlee Hole.

Other Items of note:
This seems legit but how can it be? "Yeah, the guy in the ridiculously awesome electric car named after the best inventor ever DOESN'T have to look like Ed Begley Jr.? C'MON!!" L's a Tesla fan, she's gotta be excited.

Also, I caught the women's 9-ball BCA Open championship on TV recently. This girl (she's only 20!) was fucking incredible. She rocked everybody including Karen Corr & Allison Fisher, the 2 women who always win everything. Seriously, I've never seen someone consistently sinking three balls on the break like that. This Jasmin lady was so precise it was a thing to behold. These players always inspire me to head to the pool hall where I blow a wad of cash in exchange for supreme frustration since I can't even hit the ball straight despite all my calculations of velocity, spin, and other assorted trickery. "It's all physics and geometry!" PFFFFLLLPPTTT.

Cereal Review (times 2!): Double Chocolate Cookie Crisp & Peanut Butter Cookie Crisp
These two are just not freakin' worth it. Get the original. Well not the 'chocolate chips turn the milk purple' original but the normal, current Cookie Crisp. No joke, it rivals Count Chocula as one of my all-time favorites plus it goes on sale at times of the year not named Halloween.
Have a good weekend, I'll be stopping by as many blogs as I can between Munchy (the name o' my PC) crashes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet L is in love with the car too.
Women who play pool always look so crabby. What's up with that..
I am currently eating frosted flakes. Which are full of sugary sugar..

Anonymous said...

I share your enthusiasm for the car, but I just can't rectify my conflict with chocolate cereal. Chocolate? Delicious. Cereal? Delicious. Chocolate cereal, which should be spectacular? Surprisingly not. It's just not right.

Violet said...

you Americans - your cereals sound so thoroughly unhealthy. Muesli could never have been invented by a non-Californian American.

sumo said...

I have collected old books for years and never have I been able to find books as beautiful as she has...I am so jealous!

aprilbapryll said...

I'm mildly addicted to the Superman Cap'n Crunch, because it turns the milk blue and you can get a giant box for under $3 at Walmart. It's an unhealthy addiction, I know.

Rainypete said...

There's nothing as impressive to watch as a true pool master at work.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

With all the fake websites out there, I keep questioning everything.

Women who play pool get that way from hanging around pool halls, inhaling second-hand smoke, drinking beer, and trying to ignore the guys making rude comments whenever they bend over to hit the ball.

L said...

that is a sweet looking car :)

And, most people hereabouts refer to her as dear little Assica Simpson...