Jul 10, 2008

*coff

I'm still pretty bummed. And busy. Maybe not, actually, I'm not even sure anymore but my time does not often seem to be spent doing what I'd like to be doing these days. I'm hoping a rejuvenation, at least in blogging, will occur when I finally get around to getting a computer that's not pre-2000. Pretty sad for an IT guy but whatever.

On a better note, my cereal woes may be behind me! Firstly, I've re-tested Lactaid milk and after consumption, it does not feel like I've been kicked in the nuts by a donkey. Hooray! Plus it's half the cost of goat milk (I've been told giraffe milk is now considered kosher or something so maybe one day I'll give that a test).

Secondly, I may have discovered the world's greatest (healthy) cereal. Kellogg's All-Bran Strawberry Medley!!! It's got more fiber in it than those ones that taste like sticks and twigs, and tastes absolutely fantastic! This whole paragraph is full of exclamation points!! It's like a delicious tasting Colon Blow!

The thing to remember though is that one serving = 40% of your daily fiber intake. So ease your way in. They promote an "All-Bran 10 day fiber challenge" to get you regular & healthy but I bet ultra-competitive fuckwads like Michael Jordan see that challenge and think, "10 days? Hell no. I can complete it in 1." but I assure you that's a bad idea...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I have to put in a little pitch for Kellogg's All-Bran Bran Buds. They're basically Grape Nuts, but more fiber, less sugar, and better tasting. I'll have to try the Strawberry Medley too.

Hope you're less bummed soon. Having to work pretty much sucks unless you love your job and I've yet to find a job I love. I'm to the point where I'm OK with a job I can tolerate.

I need to go back to school and change careers.

Violet said...

Good luck with the lactose intolerance. Re the job thing, I reckon if you can handle the pay cut then working part-time at a job you don't love could be the answer, because you aren't there long enough to get too stressed about it. Then you have more time to do stuff you do love.
It's actually what I did even before I have my daughter.

Watson Woodworth said...

Ah soy milk.
I know my life to the stuff.

Dmonster said...

An IT guy with a pre-2000 computer? I say you need a new computer, sir! Like one of the comments above, maybe it would be better to work part-time and pursue a different career?


And as for the fiber intakes, at least those ultra-competitors will be able to poop under 30 seconds. mmm fiber.

PBS said...

I like those Muffin Tops, but we call them "Muffin Heads"!