Jan 27, 2008

Playing the martyr

I'm not really sure when parents decide it’s time to play the martyr role but let me just say that it does NOT work with food items.

“Oh, no one likes powdered donuts? {groan} I guess I’ll do you all a favor and finish them for you.”

No no, make no mistake, there is only one person receiving this favor and it’s he who’s consuming said powdered donuts. And the only persons suffering are the ones deprived of the tasty delicacies.


Late breaking cereal news: Quaker Oatmeal Squares
They are pretty freakin' delicious, both the regular variety & the extra cinnamon. There's even a bit of fiber in them yet they don't taste like wood shavings. Imagine! The deliciousness might be due, partially at any rate, to my mad-scientist experimentations with milk & soymilk hybrids. The most agreeable non-lactose combo seems to be 2 parts 8th Continent regular soymilk to 1 part lowfat goatmilk. We shall see. Back to the labs!

3 comments:

Violet said...

When I read your first sentence, I thought the doughnuts had been, like, turned into powder. Then I read it again, and they sounded much yummier.

Dmonster said...

I play the "food martyr" all the time. My mom hates it b/c she says I'll gain weight, and my sister hates it b/c I finish all the food she couldn't finish b/c she was full. ;) All I'm doing is saving food from going to waste, really.

...And eating delicious goodness!

glomgold said...

Yeah, Violet, donut crumbles wouldn't be missed so much and Bo, you sound ready to be a parent with that kinda talk! :p