Mar 3, 2008

Get On It

So, a bit of my daily work routine, when I'm able to stomach it, is to parse through company spam filters to ensure there are no false positives trapped in there and to tweak the system as necessary to try to prevent it from happening further. This is a pure waste of time, naturally, because the spam filter just sucks a big fat one.

Speaking of big fat ones, there is a plethora of spams dealing with products to enhance male 'members'. There are also vast quantities of corporate mumbo jumbo junkmails. However, I do not believe I've yet seen spams that artfully combine the two. No "value-add to your penis" nor "grow your company's stocks & schlongs". Some spam mogul (ie. pantsless, hairy Russian guy sitting in his basement) has really dropped the ball on this one. I'm confident there is great potential here for a new segment of emails for the vast majority of the world to ignore & automatically delete, I really do.

6 comments:

Violet said...

Sounds like you've found a gap in the market :-)

Dmonster said...

..maybe I'll take a glance at my spam box and see what I've got. (You didn't send me anything, did you? =P)

Watson Woodworth said...

I've been waiting for the topical aches & pains people who brought us Head-On, Active-On and so-on to bring us a topical erectile disfunction product just because the name would be just too obvious.

Nigel G Mitchell said...

Dear Sir,

Head-On, I hate your commercials, but your product is amazing.

Signed,
Creepy Raspy-Voiced Black Guy

Nigel G Mitchell said...

I agree, that's solid. But the thing they should really do is combine that with the Nigerian bank scam. "Send us your bank account info and we'll enlarge your stock and your genitalia!" Oh, wait, it's spam. They would have to spell it "g@nuttalyuh!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Briane said...

I'll be watching for that email!